Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Monday, February 21, 2011

if you're looking for me...

...you will probably find me here for the rest of summer (it is still hot here until mid to late April),
 relaxing in my pool cabana.

Come on in...

An old basket I picked up garage saling with some stripey towels I found on special, they are huge and soft and fluffy.
The wreath is one I used at Christmas now with a white starfish strung from it with string.

On top of the cupboard, some shells and frangipanis on a bamboo mat.

A little stack of grey beach rocks.
Driftwood strung with shells.

Looking along the bench seat.
The seat lifts up to store the pool noodles and kickboards etc.
We still need to get a piece of foam for the bottom, in the meantime some winter quilts are serving as padding.

The other side, shells, lantern and citronella candle.
the side cupboards are for towels etc.

Icy cold water and a couple of magazines on one of my little tables.

Mosquito net curtains, they keep the insects out and create a nice floating look.

Looking out towards the pool and the bush beyond.

Coming for a swim?

or if you don't feel like swimming you could relax on one of my deck chairs.

The only things  that I bought for this were: the curtains and wire from IKEA ($11 total) and the cushions from Big W ($19 each) and the striped towels from Coles ($10 each), I shopped the house for the rest of my decor.

To check out some of the cabana building posts check here, here and here.
To check out the cabana at night click here

Sharing here:









25 comments:

  1. Hi, visiting from BNOTP, your my neighbor and I am so glad you are! What a wonderful place to keep an eye on all of those beautiful children!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be there...NOW! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanne

    Love it!!! So inviting, you have all done a wonderful job:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deanne,
    I just love your pool cabana!! And the fact that you decorated it on such a budget, amazing!
    I can see myself enjoying the lazy days of summer in your backyard, if I weren't in Georgia!!!
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it ! What a wonderful, relaxing space to enjoy the cool breezes and the 5 boys and 1 girl !

    thanks for sharing,
    gena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cabana. It's so comfortable and how lucky you are to have a pool. We have snow today! Enjoy your summer. Wish I was there. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would never want to leave that spot! Everything about it is wonderful...enjoy your warm weather, then send it back to us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deanne, wow! It makes me sad that I can't come and hang out there with you. One of these days...who knows?!

    It is wonderful. I know you will love it out there. What a blessing! Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Lisa, I would love for you to come visit too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great! With such a beach/water effect too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, your photos make me ready for summer...and Spring isn't here yet.
    What a fun area to relax at, I'm sure you use it quite a bit during the summer.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. So is this an invite???? Your spot is absolutely heavenly just like a resort. I bet you cannot wait till summer!!
    Happy White Wednesday.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I would love to spend the summer there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like a beautiful, beachy oasis!! If I had a spot like that I would never leave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every time I visit I find something more to love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great place to just relax and be. You've done a great job in decorating the space and around the pool - so very inviting!

    xoxo,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  17. So iNviting, what a cosy retreat. Love it. Hope to see u at My Dream Canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my, what a gorgeous cabana! You did a great job decorating from what you already owned. Now I'm dreaming of summer...
    Happy White Wednesday,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how lovely and peaceful!! I would love to have a little R&R there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh how lovely! It looks so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic-love the coastal touches. This is the best project I have seen in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing this at my party

    ReplyDelete
  24. Deanne, you've created a wonderful beachy feel for your cabana. It must be so much fun to hide away in there and take in the warmth of the sun and the shimmers on the water.

    Thanks for linking to the party. I've missed seeing your creativity linked up. I would love to have you join me this Friday for "Funny Faux Pas Follies," as well.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.