Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Monday, December 24, 2012

merry christmas ramble

Just popping in for a catch up and chat.
It is Christmas Eve and I should be running around like a chook with my head cut off I am feeling surprisingly relaxed  lethargic  
(we have had some very hot and humid weather which really knocks me around, 
well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it!)

We have had a busy couple of days and a break with tradition,
so today is not following our normal routine.
Firstly our party on Friday night went very well and everyone had a fabulous time.

The beverage dispensers worked very well. 
I filled one with water and one with punch,
and in spite of dire predictions from some of my children none of the guests broke them!
Saturday saw me venture to a local market to check it out as a possible "redeemed" venue
(not sure: lots of stall holders, not many customers- had a chat with a "neighbour" from another market day, she gave me some suggestions)
Then in the evening we went to Carols on the Grass at our sister church across the river, where our kids go to kids club, it was lovely!

 
Yesterday was Church in the morning and I did the kids talk and the Bible reading, 
then last night we had what is usually our Christmas Eve activity.
We had our traditional roast pork, crackling and apple sauce and roast veges
 and a trifle (minus the cake this year) for dessert and then headed out to see the Christmas lights
- I collapsed into bed exhausted at 10:30pm
Today, I have cooked turkey and made snickers ice cream 
(I have ready in the freezer candy cane ice cream and ginger ice cream) for tomorrow night
 (Christmas tea at our place with VCH's family)
I am yet to make the gingernut biscuits I want to give as gifts and the muffins for tomorrow's brunch at my SIL's but maybe I can do them later tonight!
I am hoping that VCH who took today off and has only just ventured out of bed will finish wrapping the presents- he is much better at it than me!
Tonight (the reason for our change in tradition) we are heading to the neighbours for Christmas drinks and nibbles - this is the first time they have done it and invited all the neighbours so we didn't want to miss it.

I have also in my spare time, which probably is contributing to my lethargy, 
started a Nicholas Spark's marathon - I have borrowed a heap from the library and while some weren't supposed to be ready until after Christmas (someone must have returned them early) I now have about 10 to read.
So far I have read The Best of Me and The Choice, of course I had the tissues handy!!!

I feel like a little nap now before I do some cooking!
So on that note I will leave you.

(this actually now reads Peace on Earth but I can't be bothered taking a photo - sorry)

Wishing you and yours a very Happy Christmas!

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Deanne......
    I can't believe it's Christmas Eve!!! ;O)
    Tania xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are one busy woman! Love your photos. It's hard to imagine hot and humid when it's about 20 degrees here! Merry Christmas!

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy! I am very curious as to where you live.... I think I have family near you! Every best Christmas wish. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it cools down for you. Much cooler here today thank goodness.
    Have a fantastic Christmas day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Deanne. You sound very busy. No wonder you are beat. I hope it's a good one.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! The ladder is adorable. Lisa~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.