Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Saturday, December 10, 2011

a little decorating

 Finally I am getting around to finishing off my decorating and taking some photos.
This is in my dining room, I will show you my table soon, but for now you can see some of the other bits.
This is where my sewing table now craft table was, having moved to its new location I put the old sewing machine that I picked up at a garage sale here.
This will probably end up in my sewing room after I fix it up.
The pictures above are these ones that I made last year.

 It was the perfect spot to add a little Christmas cheer to.

 This basket is loaded up with some wreaths and pine cones, the wreaths may yet be hung on doors, but I haven't decided where yet.

One of my little spice angels has found its way here too.

 This is the display shelf of my wall unit.
This is how it has looked for some time now, (without the Christmassy stuff of course) I quite like the white with the touches of burlap and wood.

 For Christmas I have...

  added a little tree, I bought the last 3 of these at the cheap shop the other day for $2 each, I will probably use the three of them as a table centre piece for Christmas when VCH's family come for tea (that's Australian for dinner/supper),
 
 another of my sweet little spice angels and a few pine cones.

 On my window picture frame I added some greenery.
I think it it so funny to see these being pinned all the time on pinterest but I have had this in my dining room for 11years now!

 Some more spice angels and pine cones,
we went up the road a couple of weeks ago to get some laying on the ground in front of a neighbour's fence, she saw us and invited us into her yard to collect some more.
I also added some of these snowflakes for a bit of sparkle.
I usually don't do snowflakes, because it is Australia and it is summer and it doesn't snow here- even in winter, but these came in a pack with some other decorations and they add a little sparkle- I am just going to pretend they are twinkly stars.

 If you would like to know how to make one of these beauties just click here.

2 comments:

  1. I just love those vintage sewing tredles. My mother has one. I was always obsessed with the wheel. andrea@townandprairie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking very festive Deanne. Love your little spice angels.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.