Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Friday, December 17, 2010

a little bit vintage

It is pretty much unheard of for me to still be decorating this close to Christmas but with so many ideas floating around in blogland I am still doing things.

I remember seeing someone with some vintage pictures or cards and I knew I had some in my desk.
I have been decluttering every cupboard and room- I haven't really posted about this 'cause it's pretty mundane but it is happening and all except for the study will be done before Christmas- I decided to leave it until after because it is a really big job and I want to do it well and go through all the school and craft supplies to see what I need to order for 2011.
So anyway back to this post- while I was decluttering the desk I pulled out these replicas of vintage postcards - I have a set of Christmas and a set of Birthday ones that I got years and years ago - probably BC.
I have used a fair few Christmas ones but I still had enough for this little project.
I also had a set of small frames that I picked up at the op shop for 50c each - I haven't decided what to actually do with them yet but I am thinking 6 frames = 6 children.
So as a temporary thing I stuck the postcards into the frames and onto the wall with a little red ribbon.
My criteria for this was they had to be upright and they couldn't have snow- it's summer here, and they couldn't have Santa as we don't do Santa.
I found some nice ones with children and families.

This little girl in the red dress is sweet

and here is a mother with her children, there is also one of a father and children too.

They look so sweet hanging on my wall near the fire place and Christmas tree.

Shared at:
Brambleberry Cottage

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea! Every time I see the picture of your 6 kids I just grin, it is such a darling picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are cute, Deanne! If I were you, I would be tempted to pack them away for next year and find different frames for the kiddos. ;)

    Thanks for linking to my party. I look forward to having you join me each week.

    And please be sure to come by and enter my fantastic year-end giveaway. Click the picture in my sidebar for details.

    Blessings and a very Merry Christmas!
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.