Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

my favourite things

Here are some random photos from my house.
These are things I really love.
They are all really old and have a history.

The first is a desk that my great grandfather made.
It actually is three pieces sitting on top of each other which makes it easy to move.
The top has a series of pigeon holes which are great for storing odds and ends.

The second is a chair that came from my grandparents.
My aunt gave it to me for my birthday one year because I really loved it.
It is starting to show some wear and I wish I knew how to fix it.
I have saved all the bits of stuff that has fallen off over the years, but don't know what to do with them.

Next is an old window frame that I bought at a second hand shop just before we moved here, almost 9 years ago.
I have a display of black and white photos of my family in it.
I love black and white photos.
Everyone who comes to visit comments on it and wants one.
My aunt once asked me when I was going to paint it- I had to carefully explain that it was going to stay in its natural worn state.

Finally here is an old wash stand that also belonged to my grandparents.
The marble top is apparently quite unique and worth a lot of money.

It sits in my hallway.
Underneath are baskets for hats and odd socks.
(looks they could do with a declutter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.