It was priced at $10 but I bargained and got it for $5.
I had been looking for one to go in here for ages.
I decided to cover it in red polka dots.
The three chairs in the sewing room are now, pink, aqua and red polka dots.
Unfortunately I didn't buy enough fabric- stupid me was thinking 2 metres would be enough, but I should have bought 3.
I managed to make the slip cover for the top and did not have enough for the seat cushion,
I have draped it around until I can go and get some more.
The thing I love about these chairs that is it is so easy to whip up a new slip cover on a whim.
The other chairs have had many slip covers over the years as they have moved about my house or as we have repainted rooms etc.
They are comfortable to sit in and read a book or have a cup of tea.
I am still deciding whether to paint the arms and legs or leave them as is.
I made this cute little Hawaiian girl cushion and trimmed the sides with pom pom trim.
Then I made this one using this cute retro kid's party fabric.
There was only enough to make the front so I made the back in the red polka dot.
Finally I made this one out of this cute floral.
I have made a self edge for a trim by sewing all around the cushion about an inch in.
The way I make my cushions is really simple and easy, even a beginner sewer could make them.
Just came across this tutorial at a linky party, so head there instead!