Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Monday, January 9, 2012

verse for 2012

Back in 2010 I started claiming a verse to live by and focus on for the year. 
That year the verse was "Be still and know that I am God," from Psalm 46:10.
In 2011 I claimed Jeremiah 29:17 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
This year I have been contemplating what my verse should be, I knew I had thought of something a while back and then promptly forgot it. 
But the other day we attended the funeral of a friend and one of the verses read at the funeral prompted me and I remembered being uplifted by this verse last year when we studied Matthew in our Bible study group and really meditating on it. 
So here it is:

 
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, 
and you will find rest for your souls. 
For my yoke is easy and my burden light. 
                                                                                            Matthew 11:28-30

While looking for a picture to go with this post I came across this article which sums up what we learnt about in our Bible study on this verse, as it is often misinterpreted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.