Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

happy new year

It is so hard to believe it is 2012 - I remember when the year 2000 seemed scary and now we are 12 years into a new century!

We hosted a New Year's Eve party this year.
We take turns with 2 other friends and host either a Christmas Party or a New Year's Eve Party and one person gets the year off.
Technically it was my turn to do Christmas and my friends to do New Years, but it just worked out better for both families to swap around this year, so we ended up with New Year's Eve.

I emailed a heap of invites to people from Church, our home schooling friends, some friends from soccer and other walks of life. 
Lots of people were away or had other plans, lots of people said yes.
A few people came for just a short time, some stayed and went home after dinner, some stayed a while longer and some stayed until midnight.
 We ended up with 72 people including us, now I know this sounds huge, but it really didn't seem that many.
The kids had fun swimming in the pool, playing pool, running around and had a disco out the front.
The adults all just mingled and talked.
It was a fun casual night, we fired up the barbie, guests bought their own meat and a salad to share. 
I provided dessert. 
Ice cream in cones for the kids, mini pavs, fruit salad and cream for the adults and  cupcakes for everyone.

 I had fun decorating them with white and aqua icing and glitter and silver balls.
I also made some sorbets for those who can't have dairy and I will share how to do these- they are very simple with you in another post.
I still feel quite tired- one late night and I am cactus for 3 days- can't quite party like I used to!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day/evening Deanne. I suspect it is more than just a late night which has tired you. No doubt the preparations and cleaning required before and after had something to do with it too...all worth it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, 72 guests DID sound like a lot! But you had everything perfectly under control, so the number didn't matter. ;)

    Thanks for being a part of Time Travel Thursday last year. I hope you'll join the fun in 2012!

    Happy New Year!
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New year to you too Deanne. It sounds like you had lots of fun at the party. That is why 72 doesn't seem that many to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.