Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Sunday, December 27, 2009

be still and know that i am God



VCH got me this for Christmas.
This painting was done by a special friend from my Bible Study group who is a well known local artist.
Earlier in the year the local Christian artists in our town got together and held a Christian Art Exhibition. This is one of the paintings from that exhibition that has been hanging on the wall of our Bible Study Room at our Church Hall.
I have really been contemplating the bible verse "Be still and know that I am God" and had been thinking I needed something in my room to reflect that.
I originally thought that I might do something - but then reality hit- I am no artist.
Then I thought I could ask Christine to paint me something, then I remembered this painting.
When I next went to Bible study the first thing I saw was the red dress and the girl's hair was similar to mine- that sealed the deal.
VCH sneakily arranged to buy it from Christine and now it is on the wall above my lounge.


I am not sure if this is its permanent home yet, but I am sure no matter where it is it will inspire me to "Be still and know that I am God."

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful Deanne and looks so good above your lounge, encouraging one to reflect and rest/pray.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.