Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Friday, March 16, 2012

mini chocolate raspberry cheesecakes


As promised I am back with the recipe for these delicious little cheesecakes that we made as part of our
 "ch" meal.
These are grain free and low sugar
I found the original recipe online, but changed it to make it a refrigerator cheesecake and not a baked cheesecake, I also substituted some of the sugar substitutes for stuff that I had in my cupboard, they turned out beautifully and everyone loved them, I will definitely be making these again!
I am sorry but I can't find the original source to link to.

Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes with Raspberries
Makes 12 (1/3C muffin size)

Chocolate crust
2T butter melted
4T cocoa
1/4 C coconut sugar
1 beaten egg
1/2 C almond meal
1/2t baking powder
pinch salt

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until a stiff dough, if it is too wet add some more almond meal, too dry add some more butter.
Put liners in your muffin tin- the metal ones with the paper insert are best, and spray them with cooking spray- if you don't do this it will be near impossible to remove the liners.
Divide the dough and press it into the liners.
Poke base with a fork and bake in your oven at 160C for 15minutes then freeze for 10-20 minutes until cool.

Filling
250g cream cheese - I use homebrand from Woolies
1/4 cup glucose syrup/ or rice malt syrup
1t of stevia powder
1t vanilla extract

Mix some thawed frozen raspberries with a teaspoon of stevia powder  and place in the bottom of the muffin tins on top of the crust, top with your cream cheese filling.

Ganache topping
Melt together 100g of  70% or 85% chocolate with 100ml of cream let cool slightly and spoon on top of the cream cheese, freeze until firm about 1/2 hr then refrigerate until needed.

Enjoy this as a special occasion  treat!

Shared at:

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Deanne, this is one gorgeous recipe..may just get me through Easter! Thanks, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look yummy! I just read your post below on sugar...oh, how I love me some sugar...but it is my weight loss enemy, too...I am sure of it. Great read.
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum Deanne! I love cheesecake, so I must give this one a go! Thanks
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.