Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Saturday, May 7, 2011

sorting clothes

We are very fortunate to get lots of hand me downs for The Girl from relatives and friends, these usually arrive in black garbage bags.
I had been procrastinating and had several bags in my dining room waiting to be sorted through.
So one day I thought I should finally do it.
First I went through the bags and put any clothes I didn't want to keep into a garbage bag for the op shop and while I was sorting placed the clothes into piles according to their size.

I then got the boys to get the storage boxes out that are labelled for each size and sometimes summer and winter depending on how many I have in that size.
The only problem was that when I tried to put them into the boxes I realised I had a problem - I had way too many clothes.

I ended up with this feline helper along the way!

 So I had to go through the clothes in each size and sort them into piles, jumpers, t-shirts, jeans, dresses etc.
 Then from there I needed to decide how many things in each category she needed and cull.

I ended up with all these bags to share with a friend, who is then passing on what she doesn't need to other friends.
In these bags are girls clothes sized 4, 5 and 6.
I also ended up with another bag full for the op shop.

While I was sorting out I came across this pyjama top that used to be mine.
My mum used to sew all my clothes.

Look at the detail on this and I only used to wear it to bed!
Far more patience than me, but sewing was her life's passion.

1 comment:

  1. Overwhelming amount! How precious to find something made by your mum{}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.