Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Thursday, August 19, 2010

red, white and blue

This is not the tablescape I was going to do, I got distracted by this.
My tablescape was going to be made with these lovely dishes.
I picked them up at an op shop on Monday they were $10 the lot!
I couldn't leave them there.
 They are mixed red, blue and white stripes.
I just love those big bowls, I think they would be perfect to put stuff in for a party.
I had to find somewhere to put them so we could eat at the table and as I didn't really want to rearrange a cupboard to find room I put them here on my cabinet - I thought they may as well look attractive.

I added red checked napkins that I made for B5's Circus birthday
and blue and red water bottles- their lids are undone because they wouldn't fit under the shelf otherwise.

Once I saw the photos up I wasn't happy so went back and tweaked a little.

Added a couple of other white things- small jug and butter dish.

Moved a few things around.

The tea towel under the dishes was 50c from IKEA.

I love the combo of different stripes.

I added a few strawberries...

cheap this week at the fruit and veg...

just right for breakfast, pancakes perhaps?


Crockery- Nautic by  S&P  (salt and pepper)
White Jug- 1.5 L Maxwell and Williams

Shared at:
 

7 comments:

  1. Fun dishes! Can't wait to see them the next time too:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great get! Can only imagine the many different looks that will spring from this darling collection. Thank you for sharing them with us. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great all these differently striped pieces look together! I love the way you've used the gingham napkins and the red and blue bottles to highlight your new collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they are great. I wouldn't leave them either. So versitile and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dishes...you will have fun setting a table with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and so colorful!! I especially love the napkins -- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh a great find and a great price. I can think of many uses for these.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.