Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Saturday, May 15, 2010

rosella jam


There are still some rosellas available so I bought some more and thought I would have another go at the jam from my disastrous attempt many years ago.


The Girl helped me to separate them, she was so good.
You need to take the calyxes off the seed pod in the middle and cook them separately, then add them together minus the pod.
It does make your hands red but it seems to wash off pretty easy.
This time I used a sweet thermometer to get the right temperature.


 It is lovely and is now regularly gracing toast and bread at our house.
I think I need to make a batch of scones for morning tea so we can have it on them with some whipped cream.
Find the link for the rosella recipes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.