Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

funky cushions

These are the new cushions I created for a bit of fun for the kids, particularly B3 to put into his reading corner.
They are made out of a pair of size 3 jeans and some denim shorts that needed new elastic but B5 had grown out of before I got around to fixing them.
I saw some in a kids sewing book one day and the idea was born.
It has taken me a while to get around to it and the book has long since been returned to the library so I had to wing it.

I found the easiest way to do it and still keep them looking like jeans was to sew up the top of the jeans with them right side out, just under the waist band.
This is a little hard and the jeans are quite thick and they have keepers etc.
If you take it slowly I found it works alright, you might just have to pull it at the back over the thicker bits or when it gets a little stuck.
Then you push the stuffing in through the legs and when stuffed enough sew up the legs.
Done- its that simple!

I think the pockets would come in handy for a little hiding place for small toys or a hanky.
I am thinking it would be fun to have a cushion made out of an adult size pair of jeans for just lying around on.
The kids would love it!
I wonder if VCH has an old pair he no longer wants...HMMMM!!! - I'll keep you posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.