Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Monday, June 18, 2012

busy mum menu plan

I have just done my menu plan for the week up and printed it off to put on the fridge so I thought I would do a quick share with you.

Mondays as you know is fish night here
so I will buy some fish when I am in town for the drop offs and pick ups this afternoon and cook it when I get home.
This is what we had a couple of weeks ago - local luderick (blackfish) and quinoa salad

Tuesday will be Beach Cottage's Chicken curry done in the crockpot and rice.
We tried this a couple of weeks ago and it was a hit.
 This will be B4's night to cook - he is taking over from B1 who is working full-time at the moment,
he is very excited to be taking over the cooking on Tuesdays- I will of course be on hand to help him and teach him how to cook some easy recipes- he loves to cook so this should be no problem.

Wednesday will be marinated pork rashers and coleslaw (B2 cooks)

Thursday will be upside down potato and onion tart served with a salad (B3 cooks)

Friday will be a minestrone style soup done in the crockpot.

Saturday we will be out, but if we were home it would be a BBQ usually steak but sometimes lamb or pork with boiled potatoes in their jackets and salad

and Sunday night is Pizza night- Gluten Free/grain free and homemade- I will post my recipe soon

 Baking will be some of these Anzac biscuits

Our menus are fairly standard-a variation of, fish, chicken, vegetarian, some sort of quiche or tart, a crockpot meal or two, BBQ Saturday Night, Pizza Sunday.
Children have a night each to cook depending on who is out at what and who is home.
So there you have it how this busy mum organises her menu each week.

Sharing at:
UndertheTableandDreaming

2 comments:

  1. HI I also write up a dinner plan for each week. I used to try and wing it but it's much easier to have a rough plan and shop accordingly. Like the look of your quinoa salad - will have a little look at it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will have to try a couple of those they look great

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.