Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Thursday, June 23, 2011

sensory playdough

My little ones love playdough and had been begging me for quite some time to make some.
I went to make some the other day and realised that I was out of the cheap home brand salt I use for playdough, so it had to wait until I went shopping.
I also picked up some food colouring and a couple of essences I use in cooking that I saw while I was in the aisle.
This gave me an idea.
 I decided to make some fragrant playdough.

To the green I added peppermint essence, to the purple I added rosewater and to the orange I added lemon and orange essences.
I found it better to add the essence after it was cooked and during the knead I like to give it once it is slightly cool and just before I pop it into a zip lock bag.

 The little ones thought it was great fun.

For my playdough recipe go here:

Shared at:


featured:

1 comment:

  1. My younger three like play dough too. Adding essence is a great idea. I use the same recipe as you but we use boiled water. It comes together in a mixing bowl that way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.