Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Friday, July 9, 2010

a little bit of sewing


I promised myself some sewing time in the holidays- I really need to organise my days better to fit in more sewing!
 I bought some nice polar fleece quite some time ago to make some new cushions for my lounge - nice furry warm winter cushions.
I made these by simply folding over the fabric, joining the sides- busting an overlocker needle - then switching to the normal sewing machine and hemming them with some cute little ties, 'sew' easy.


I had enough left over after making four cushions, two for each lounge, to make a little fleece throw. 
I joined the two pieces and then hemmed around it with the overlocker- now fixed thanks to B1!

1 comment:

  1. They look great Deanne. Amelia made a huge cushion in term one but didn't stuff it. Brigette found it and stuffed and then said to Amelia that she had made it. Amelia had forgotten making it so believed Brigette and praised her work. Just as well she didn't insult her work lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.