Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Monday, July 5, 2010

$2 shelf!!!


I went garage-saling on Saturday looking for a shelf to house some toys on our front veranda come playroom.
The first one I walked into and almost the first thing I saw was this shelf - I could see a $2 price tag and immediately thought chipboard - but no it was solid timber- I snapped it up as quick as I could before someone else did- I knew it would be perfect- just what I wanted! 
Luckily I had a big boy with me to carry it to the car.
We got it home later that day after soccer and some shopping and immediately B5 volunteered to sand it and then B4 helped him paint it- well the first coat anyway. 


I did the second. 
I was originally thinking white but when I got it home the boys said no white - so I told them the only other colour they could paint it was this dark blue which is the guttering and trim colour of our house.
The finished product looks great....
But you will have to wait until the playroom unveiling to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.