Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Thursday, November 12, 2009

gutenburg press

Last week as part of our unit on Reformation we looked at Gutenberg and the printing press.
On B1 and B2's list of things to do I listed a number of printing type activities.
They chose to make a model of a Gutenberg printing press- which would have been the hardest option.

In the instructions it said we needed 2-3 sets of letter stamps.
Now normally I see these all the time.
But Monday afternoon I went to every shop likely to have them with no luck.

We had a couple of sets at home but not matching.

So in the end they had to use what we had and here is the result- a page they printed especially for my blog.

Next time I see some I will grab them and then they can have a better go at printing a whole page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.