Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Thursday, September 24, 2009

oops

I picked up this fabric at an Op shop a couple of weeks ago and thought it would be great to make some funky 3/4 length pants to wear around the house.


So today I got another pair of pants to make the pattern off.
I cut them out and sewed them up.
I was just about to fold over the top for the elastic when I noticed something a little odd.
The waist was rather small!
Then it hit me I had cut them out without leaving a seam allowance.
I tried them on - wiggling into them.
They fit snugly and needless to say I won't need to put any elastic in.
I went to hem them and my machine that was working perfectly 5 minutes before decided to be play up and not sew properly, so I unpicked the yucky looking hem and ironed my pants.
They will be the pants with the overlocked hems.

I am wearing them today and they are very comfy and look cute.

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.