Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Thursday, July 30, 2009

harissa lamb cutlets

We try and buy meat for our family in bulk as much as possible, so we regularly buy a whole lamb - it works out much cheaper than buying kilos of lamb chops or a lamb roast. This recipe comes from a supermarket recipe flyer and is loved by everyone. I would never have thought to put the vegetable combination together but it works and is delicious.

Harissa Lamb Cutlets
Ingredients:
200g chargrilled red capsicum (I make my own instructions at bottom)
2t chilli flakes
3 cloves garlic chopped (I use organic Russian Garlic so I would only use 1 clove -they are quite big)
3t ground cumin
2t ground coriander
1 1/2 t sea salt flakes
1/2 C olive oil
750g small potatoes sliced
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 C coriander leaves, roughly chopped
12 lamb cutlets (you could use any lamb chop really, just get enough for your family)

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. To make harissa paste: place capsicum, chilli flakes, garlic, spices and sea salt into food processor with 1 T olive oil. Pulse until chopped. With motor running, slowly add remaining oil in a steady stream until a tick sauce forms.
3. Place potatoes into a pot and bring water to boil, boil for 5 or so minutes until just soft.
4. Drain potatoes and place in a baking dish with tomatoes, coriander (I save some to sprinkle over the top when serving) and some olive oil toss well, cook in oven until cooked through and golden (20-30 minutes)
5. Spread 1tsp of the harissa paste onto each cutlet. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until cooked through. (my oven has a fan grill so I use this function placing the cutlets on the grill tray about a third down the oven)

chargrilled red capsicum: slice sides and bottom off capsicum and put into a baking pan with a little olive oil in a hot oven, use your grilling element. when skin blackens remove from oven, cool slightly and peel skin off, now place into your food processor for your harissa.

I usually have left over harissa, I use it on a pizza base instead of tomato paste or in a dip for morning tea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.