Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Friday, July 24, 2009

from useless to usable


This activity mat was passed down to us, but when I went to use it I found that it was too floppy and when you went to open the zip or do the button up it moved everywhere - so not very child friendly! One day I thought to try to make it a bit more user friendly.

First I cut it up into the 4 separate activities.
Then I cut up some cardboard from a box and used this as backing gluing it on with some spray adhesive.


Then I cut up what was the original backing and also glued it onto a piece of card folding over the edges, and gluing them down with my trusty hot glue gun.


I then glued the two together, again using my glue gun.
I did this with each activity.


Hey Presto! a brand new set of activity cards that can be used by more than one child at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.