Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

spinach and cashew pate

This pate is very similar to the cashew dips that are very popular at the moment.
This version is gluten and dairy free.

Spinach and Cashew Pate
1 C cashew nuts
200g spinach leaves
1/2t nutmeg

Steam spinach just enough until its wilted. 
Blitz the cashews in a blender until finely ground and then add the spinach and nutmeg.
Blitz to combine.

I found this a little bland so we added some salt and pepper, grated Parmesan would also add flavour and make it similar to the commercial dips. 
The second time I made this I didn't have enough spinach so added rocket and coriander which was lovely, another alternative would be some basil.
From: 4 ingredients gluten free cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.