Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Saturday, September 25, 2010

inspirational reading

It all started some months ago when I read this book

It was just so inspiring, the faith of this amazing man and how God protected him so many times and how God provided the funds for his ministry and his family.
For those of you who are not familiar with the book, Brother Andrew carried bibles into communist countries and helped boost the churches- often secret churches when communism ruled.
A dear friend of mine lent me two books that followed:
http://www.koorong.com/images/k10/oth/jacketsc/9780340964910.jpg  
This one moves on from the communist countries as communism collapses and sees Brother Andrew head to the Middle East.
I knew nothing about the Middle East and particularly what it is like in Israel for Christians, both Palestinian Christians and Messianic Jews (Jews who become Christians). 
This book was a real eye opener.
The third book

http://www.koorong.com/images/k08/kop/jacketsc/271292.jpg
It a story made up from the lives of Muslims who have converted to Christianity - they made one story out of lots of real details to protect the people whose lives are in danger.

This led to this with lots of ladies from my bible study group.

and my latest read was this:
http://www.koorong.com/images/k10/ash/jacketsc/298231.jpg
This was so fascinating that I couldn't put it down.
So now when I see stuff on the news about the Middle East and particularly Israel I have a better understanding of what's going on- I had no idea I was so clueless before!
Now I can pray for the people of these nations and the situation in these war torn countries.

I thoroughly recommend all these books and have even set God's Smuggler as some holiday reading for my two teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.