Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Friday, July 16, 2010

roasted pumpkin soup


We have heaps of pumpkins at the moment from the garden, so some pumpkin soup was in order.
I love pumpkin soup but VCH is not so keen, so I tend to make it for a winter lunch when he is not home.

My favourite way is to roast the pumpkin with some onion and garlic and a little olive oil.
Then I add it to some chicken or vegetable stock I have made and blend it.
Salt, cracked pepper and some freshly grated nutmeg finish it off.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream.

Yesterday I also made some cheese scones.


I made scones the usual way adding some grated cheddar, parmesan cheese and a little bit of smoked paprika when mixing in the milk.
After cutting them and putting on the tray I sprinkled on some more parmeson and paprika. 
Served hot with the soup they were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.