Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Saturday, June 26, 2010

inspirational reading

I recently read this book

http://www.koorong.com/images/k09/ing/jacketsc/9780842356329.jpg 
 
This is an account written by Francine Rivers of the five women in the lineage of Jesus that are mentioned in the Bible.
They were originally published as five separate books then later compiled into one large book.
Each story includes a Bible study.
Our Bible study group have become huge fans of Francine Rivers and we are considering doing this as a Bible study in the future.
 
One must remember that these accounts while based on fact are fleshed out from Francine River's imagination.
Having said that they certainly bring to life these women, the times and the culture that they lived in.
I found it really made me think about the lives these women led and the hurt and rejection that they might have faced.
It made me go back and reread these sections of the Bible and I have a deeper understanding about these parts now as well as finding pieces of information that I didn't connect before.
 
http://www.koorong.com/images/k10/ash/jacketsc/298229.jpg
 
I have her latest book waiting for the holidays for me to read - I will let you know what I thought in a few weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.