Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Friday, March 12, 2010

ongoing project: veranda revamp

 I have been revamping my veranda.
In the sub tropics where we live things can get rather mouldy and mildewy from the humidity. 
I wanted to freshen things up and I love white- it always look fresh and clean.

 

Here are the chairs I did up around the table.
It is covered by a white tablecloth to hide the table.
I am going to redo the table, I am thinking of painting the legs white and staining the top, but I need to get rid of the mildew stains first.



This is my day bed VCH and B1 and B2 made this for me for Christmas a number of years ago. 
It was already white so I just gave it a quick sand and a new coat of paint to freshen it up.


This coffee table was in our lounge room. 
I have painted the top white- it still needs a couple of more coats.
The plant was my Mum's and it just seems to make the veranda so much more alive.
Notice that cheeky kitty-cat Jazzy in the background.


This chair is going to be painted white. 
I love these chairs.
I have picked them up in op shops for a song and they are so easy to make new slip on covers for. 
I think I will do a couple of new white ones out of some old sheets. 
The navy covers have faded so quickly and we are now putting them on inside out so they look a bit better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.