Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Thursday, December 24, 2009

pavlova

Here is the recipe to one of my favourite desserts.
It is from the red NMAA Cooks book available here.

(this pav is still cooking and I don't have one of the finished pav)

Pavlova
Ingredients:
4 egg whites
8 T castor sugar
0.25 t sugar
0.5 t vanilla
1t vinegar

Method:
Pre-heat oven to 180C.
Beat egg whites and salt until stiff.
add sugar gradually, I like to do 1 or 2 tablespoons at a time, beating constantly.
Fold in vanilla and vinegar.
Cover tray (I usually use a large pizza or biscuit tray) with baking paper and spoon mixture onto it, making outer edges a little higher.
Turn oven down to 130C , put pavlova onto the lowest shelf and cook for 1.5-2hrs.
Allow to cool in oven.
To serve cover with whipped cream and fresh fruit. Strawberries in season are lovely or passionfruit, banana and kiwi fruit is another favourite.

Hint: Do not cook this on a rainy humid day if you want it crispy on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.