Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Thursday, August 6, 2009

easiest cake ever


This would have to be the easiest cake I have ever made and it is so versatile. Whenever I take it somewhere people want the recipe.
It is so easy I can just tell them and off they go, you don't even need to write it down it is that easy!
It came from another Home Ed family many years ago and I have been making it ever since.
It is the cake that I start all my kids off cooking by themselves.
I put this into one of B3's work boxes on Monday morning for him to make for morning tea.


There are lots of ways to vary it.
My favourite is to add 2 T cocoa powder, it sort of tastes like a lamington.
Yesterday when B4 made it with me for morning tea, we doubled the mix and added 4 T cocoa powder and put them into muffin tins (as in the photo).
A can of drained crushed pineapple makes a nice tropical cake.
Lemon icing is a nice touch if you want something fancier. I have made this with all sorts of sugar (brown, white, raw) and flour (wholemeal, gluten free, white) and milk (cows, goat, soy, rice) and it always turns out well.
So here it is - are you ready?

Coconut Cake
1 C SR flour
1 C sugar
1 C milk
1 C coconut

Put all ingredients into the bowl and mix with a wooden spoon or whisk and put into a lined loaf tin, bake at 180 C for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.

That's it! I told you it was easy- go bake and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.