Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

basic biscuit recipe



This is my all purpose biscuit recipe that I use all the time.
I got it many years ago when I was at Uni and went to stay with my friend Louise and her family in Camden. Louise made a batch of these biscuits one day and I immediately asked for the recipe they were so yummy.
I love the way that when you get a recipe from someone that you can’t but help think of them while you are cooking. This recipe is especially dear to me now as my dear friend died of breast cancer a few years ago, I will always regret that I never got a chance to say goodbye to her (she kept her secret until after her death) and when I cook these biscuits now I think of the family that she left behind and pray for her little ones.
You can adapt these biscuits in so many ways: make them into Jam Drops, Peanut biscuits, add dried fruit or our favourite Choc Chips!
I find this recipe makes about 75-80 biscuits depending on the size.
Basic Biscuits
Ingredients:
250g Butter
2C brown sugar
2 eggs
1t vanilla
3C Self Raising Flour
Method:
1. Cream butter and sugar
2. Add eggs and vanilla
3. Add sifted flour
4. Add any extras now ( I use a half-3/4 pkt choc bits depending on how chocolaty you like it half white/ half milk chocolate are also yummy)
5. Roll into balls and put onto a biscuit tray lined with baking paper- I put 25 per tray
6. Flatten with a fork
7. Bake in a moderate oven 10-15 minutes until pale brown
8. Leave on tray for 10 minutes or until cool depending on how crunchy you like them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.