Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Friday, March 4, 2011

raspberry almond cake

 I made this cake for myself for my birthday.
It was a lovely cake, but I think it needs to be served with something.
Whipped cream and/ or a chocolate ganache would be my first choice, unfortunately being gluten and dairy free I would have to go to my second choice of a dairy free ice cream either vanilla or chocolate or a raspberry sorbet.

Raspberry and Almond Cake

2 C frozen raspberries, thawed, juice included
6 eggs
1 C sugar
255g almond meal

Preheat oven to 160C
Puree raspberries with their juice.
Beat eggs and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy, add puree and almond meal.
Stir well, pour into a greased 22cm cake tin (I used a springform tin, lining bottom and greasing the sides) and bake for 60-70 minutes.
As you can see from the photo I dressed it up by putting flaked almonds on top before baking and dusting with icing sugar once cooled.

The note in the book says you can swap raspberries for apples, bananas, oranges or mandarin. 
Topped with cream cheese and sprinked with poppy seeds, this cake is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.